Actors are an endless well of emotion, character, and strength and I consider myself blessed that I get to communicate their truth for a living.
Every actor is unique and so is every shoot....which is why I spend time with my actors and form-fit the shoot to meet their individual needs. I don’t pose my actors. I create environments and circumstances to achieve genuine captured moments. I want industry professionals to look at these headshots and see the actor as a living, breathing artist, not just a two dimensional image in a photograph.
What I Bring to the Shoot
- Expertise: Extensive knowledge of every aspect of the entertainment industry. I’m responsible for an actors’ main marketing tool so its my job to know this industry inside and out and constantly keep up with its evolution. I can’t say this enough...these days, it takes more than just one pretty picture that looks like you.
- Time: I devote as much time as is necessary to give you multifaceted, dynamic photos that you will be able to use in many different audition scenarios. Your shoot will be a combination of what you want plus what I feel you need (Shoots usually last between 3-7 hours depending on package).
- Commitment and Patience: During your shoot, you are all that exists in my world and I will make sure to provide a safe and nurturing environment for you to express yourself. On the day of your shoot, all you have to do is trust me and talk to me and know that I have everything else covered. I want my actors to be comfortable in their discomfort, nervousness, excitement, fear, or whatever they may be feeling that day. As long as you own it, I can use it.
- Personalized Styling: I am a professional makeup-artist and stylist with over 25 years of experience. I do the hair, make-up and styling for ALL of my shoots. I will never shoot any other way. I have discovered that the time I spend with the actor while I'm preparing them for the shoot helps create a chemistry and bond which reads beautifully in the photos and they are, as a result, absolutely captivating and connected.
What You Bring to the Shoot
- Commitment And Patience: I want you to be patient with yourself and allow yourself to go through whatever you need to go through. Make a commitment to be present and open during the shoot.
- Trust: Trust that everything you need for a successful photo shoot (and career) is already in you. Trust not only me, but your decision to work with me.
There is only so much you can know about me from reading this website so I invite you to get in touch if you have any questions. I will be more than happy to meet you for a consultation before we decide to work together. For actors who are on tour or not in New York at the moment, I will be more than happy to set up a phone consultation.
No matter where our journeys lead us, our headshot session is a day in our lives and that means something to me. This is why I put so much into it. First, It WILL make for the best marketing tool. And second, we will never forget the day... as we shouldn't because its a day that I will treasure and my clients will as well.